Reality Check 101 is a book or ebook containing three basic teaching chapters and five tools to help your congregation discern a better future. It is also an ever growing body of resources, free-to-copy small group handouts, powerpoint, and media files available at www.notperfectyet.com.
Print workbook - 267 pages - is available from Amazon.com for $15.85
eBook is $7.85 from Amazon (kindle) and Smashwords (epub, nook, ipad). Print ISBN: 978-1484152966 epub ISBN 9781301924554
The three teaching chapters teach:
- The basic questions every church planning meeting must explore. Also, how to get your church to try new things.
- How to plan for sucess. Also, rediscovering your congregation's identity and purpose.
- How to engage in group discernment. Also, how should decisions be made in the church?
The five tools are:
- The Four Suits: a tool for discerning your congregation's God given calling
- The Roundabout: a tool for getting your congregation unstuck and back on its journey
- The Spiral Rule: a tool for turning your church's vision outward
- The Three Phases: a tool for understanding your congregation's history and what needs to be done right now
- The Spiritual Fuel Gauge: a tool for rekindling the nescesary spiritual passion to get the church going.
Each chapter contains group excercises that provide a step by step process for group discernment and implementation. The twelve excercises are available for download at www.notperfectyet.com