All Christians believe certain things. Jesus is Lord, for example. Lately I have felt a need to say that my "brand" of Christianity parts company with some (I'm not going to name, names) who are in the news. What makes me different boils down to seven basics:
- I believe in the centrality of Compassion. The only form of perfection that I strive to achieve in this life is perfection in love.
- I believe in the divine inspiration of Scripture This belief, however, is moderated by my respect for other world religions.
- I have a firm hope in Heaven. This doesn’t excuse me, however from working to make this world a better place.
- I love Jesus and a desire to live as his disciple.
- I am committed to making the most of this Present Moment and my inner circle of family and close friends.
- I accept my human limitations and expect to go through times of difficulty and Transition. This is what it means to be on a spiritual path.
- I plan to approach every day of my life with Curiosity and an openness to new Learning.
My books and my blog posts will always affirm the above.
- Bill Kemp
Words to live by:
Compassion, Scripture, Heaven, Jesus, Present Moment, Transition, and Curiousity